Wednesday, June 11, 2008

TO MY DAD.......


When I picture my dad I see a man who is Larger than life!!! A man who lived each day with integrity and love. His character traits were very distinct: he was hard working, loyal, true, protective, honest, strong, competitive, matriculate, organized, and most of all loving. Many of these traits he passed on to me, Kurt and Monica.
I could always count on him, he was my friend, my confidant, but most important he is MY DAD! He helped me become the woman I am today, I am proud to be his daughter. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't miss him and think of him. I remember the great times we had together, his perfect lawn, his clean shinny truck and terrific BBQ's. His life and memory lives on, he has truly left our family with a wonderful legacy.
He will never grow old, his hair will not gray, his body will not be frail. He will forever be my hero, that strong wonderful man I call my DAD!!!!!
I LOVE YOU DAD,
Love MARLA

2 comments:

kensimp said...

Marla,
You brought tears to my eyes with your first word. What a beautiful tribute to your dad. Thank you for honoring him for all of us to see.
love you girl, ken

Lamb Fam said...

That made me cry. Your Dad sounds like he was truly amazing. Hold on to those memories until you see him again...