Thursday, June 12, 2008

DATE WITH DAD


Do you know what your getting your dad? (or should we say-what are you are getting your kids to give to their dad) Well, if you don't have the perfect gift we have one for you.
Plan a 'DATE WITH DAD'- have each of your kids pick their favorie place to eat, activity to do or place to go. Get a gift certificate to that place and the two of them can use it together. In the popcorn bowl we put movie tickets, a dinner gift certificate and dad's favortie treats. In the golf bucket we put in a new golf towel, tees, 2 rounds of golf and a Jamba Juice card, for after the game. What a fun chance for them to spend time together, just the two of them. Be creative: a day at the park and lunch, a baseball game, a hike and a picnic, golf, dinner, the water park etc. A date with dad will be a sure "hit" (for both of them)!!!!

14 comments:

Natalie Jane said...

OH! I am SOOO doing this!

Thanks. Keep those blogs coming!

Lori Vest said...

Fabulous!

Elsha Gubler said...

I am in Jessica Call's ward and she had written about your blog. I check it almost daily and love the fun ideas. I've been searching for the perfect gift for my husband and this is it. Thanks...

Deanna said...

I love your blog and it's so you. I didn't know about it when I called for your help. Way to go

The Johnson Family said...

What a fantastic idea!! Thanks for sharing with us all your great ideas. I have some shopping to do tommorow!!

Bowen Family said...

Marla you guys are so darling! I love all your ideas, keep it up! I am so excited for the party, lets make it fabulous!

Jami

Anonymous said...

Ladies- Your ideas are fabulous! They are fresh, fun, and unique! Keep up the good work! Mar- I love what you wrote about dad- our hero!

Monica

Bonnie said...

LOVE this! What a great idea - thanks!

nap time journal said...

Yes, what a fabulous idea! Thanks!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Hi, I just found your blog through Tip Junkie. I am SO doing this for Father's Day! My 4 kids will enjoy getting to plan their special days and I know my husband will just love the fact that it's so personal.

~Lynn

Unknown said...

I too am coming through from Tip Junkie..and love your fabulous ideas!! I'm going to try this idea for fathers day also! Thanks for sharing!

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

Love this idea. Thanks for sharing! I'm linking:

http://www.mydeliciousambiguity.com/2010/06/diy-fathers-day-gifts.html

Hope you'll stop by & say hi!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

This is darling! You need to add this to our Fathers Day link party here:
http://www.somewhatsimple.com/2000/01/fathers-day-ideas.html
I love it!

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

Found you thru google search for Fathers Day gift ideas. I highlighted this on our blog! Thanks so much for the awesome idea!

www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com