Wednesday, June 11, 2008

TO MY DAD.........

I share stories of my dad freely. I'll tell you whatever you want to know but, only when I'm asked. My dad's stories are not typical, they are more juicy than any drama you'll see at the theater. Myself, an amazing mom and two of my best friends (that would be my bro and sis) lived what could be your favorite summer novel.

My Dad was hard not to love. Charismatic, full of life, laughter and play. We played hard, time was of the essence; being the only ones on the lake by 6a.m. for water smooth as glass, the first in the parking lot at Snow Basin, or the first to breakfast on a Cruise ship?!!!!!!

Some say I am the "party queen" I have been since I was a teenager. Somehow I am willing, able and ready for fun with only a moments notice. This is my favorite part of me, it is who I am. Although I have to ground myself frequently that spirit and desire runs through my veins. It is the greatest treasure I'll always carry in my heart, from my dad. There are only a few surviving characters from the epic novel written by Ivanhoe. Like any good read, each of us has chosen our favorite parts to remember. Together we are better, definitely stronger, and more amazing human beings than we would have been without him. Thanks Dad!

LOVE YA,
TON

6 comments:

Shana said...

I don't know everything but a few stories and I must say that one of the things that I admire most about you is that you see and remember ALL the good things in people. Truly a great quality.

Anonymous said...

Ok, you made me cry! I LOVED your dad! What a nice man Ivan was and so good looking! We are all blessed from Ivan because we all get to be with you and enjoy you. I really miss the last minute get togethers we used to have! You are awesome and so was your dad! That is a great blessing that you and Marla can share stories about your fathers who have both passed on. I had already done a tribute this morning for my dad and I cried all the way thru it! Thanks for you and Marla's inspirational comments for those of us who haven't yet had that sorrow. It makes me appreciate my dad all the more!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I never did get a copy of the picture your dad took of You, Crystal, Amy and I. If you have one, I would love it! I remember how he demanding getting one of us four!

Amy said...

Ton-
Love the tribute to your dad. Beautifully written and the sentiment was so sweet. What a great daughter!

Brody said...

Tonia,
your such a wonderful sister and person. I too am grateful for some good memories with dad.

karie said...

Hi Tonia, I just received an email from your mom (nice surprise) and she mentioned your cute blogger you have.. 1st, How wonderful to see you are putting your wonderful talents to use... 2nd, your words about Ivan.. how nice.. I am so glad I found this and read them, it made me think about him in a good way again.. I needed those words.. Thanks. Keep it up.. tell everyone Hi.. believe it or not I think about everyone all the time!! Kari